View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I submitted a book in May and followed the instructions in the Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines about using the 600x800 px cover. It went through their process without issue. But knowing Amazon they may have changed the process 2 or 3 times since then!
Hey, Jack:

Indeed--their latest attempts to be super-helpful are to ensure that an author CANNOT upload an image (via the separate product image upload feature) that does not meet the 1,000px criterion. I've had clients call mid-upload for a book in a swivet, because they didn't keep the larger copies that their designer gave them and have had to send them the original images we used for the book for this very reason.

@sundog:

Quote:
I can only assume Amazon removed your 600x800 cover from the file, and fed in the new one (compressed), without adding to the files size.
Yes, looking at the embedded image that has "replaced" the original 600x800, that certainly seems to be the case. Not really happy-making, as the original was right for its purpose, and the compressed larger version is not as crisp, but as I and others have said, I'd choose the crisper web image over the embedded image in any scenario.

HTH,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote