View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #52
J.L.C.
J.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it isJ.L.C. knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
I feel like a complete idiot. After successfully figuring out how to create the trigger using MesaSQLite, I decided to try it using SQLite Manager (which I wasn't aware of before, and after taking a look, I rather like it). Should be simple, right? Well, I've tried for over an hour, and every time I try, I get an error -- most commonly "near UPDATE: syntax error"

J.L.C., would it be possible for you to upload a screenshot of what you did?

The closest I get without an error is attached. When I remove the quote marks from the WHEN clause, I get an error message. But the resulting trigger with quote marks isn't exactly the same as Kolenka's original code, and I don't know enough about this stuff to know if it makes a difference. Help!
Sorry for the late post, it looks liek jackie_w came to the rescue though!

Attached is my screenshot.

I am on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit.

I opened the books.db using the 'All files' option from the open file dialogue. Then just copied the code as written from the OP into the 'Enter SQL' field on the 'Execute SQL' tab. Then I just copied the books.db files back over to the reader and over-wrote the existing ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SQLite Manager.png
Views:	583
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	89452  
J.L.C. is offline   Reply With Quote