Thread: Do you like 3D
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #34
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
i don't think that's true for a mirror. when you look at a mirror, you focus through the mirror just as you would looking at an object. the Ebert argument seems to hold water. the mirror argument needs evidence.
I did an interesting experiment. My wedding ring has very tiny diamonds on it (really, so small I don't know why they bothered). I held the ring about a 1/4 inch from my eye and I was looking at the reflection on the overhead lights. Now, I couldn't possibly focus on the ring, it was only 1/4 inch from my eye. But I was able to focus quite clearly on the image of the overhead lights.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote