View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Kindle Fire woes... indent and media Queries

I thought that since I'm having an easy day nursing a nasty cold that I'd have a play with my poetry CSS.

But I'm noticing some REAL wierd stuff on the Kindle Fire in the Amazon previewer.

Here's some CSS for a simple three level indent from my stylesheet. I'll get to hanging indents later...

Code:
p.poetry1 {text-align:left !important; text-indent: 0em !important; margin-left: 3em !important;}
p.poetry2 {text-align:left !important; text-indent: 0em !important; margin-left: 4em !important;}
p.poetry3 {text-align:left !important; text-indent: 0em !important; margin-left: 5em !important;}

@media amzn-kf8{
p.nothing{text-align:left;}
p.poetry1 {text-align:left; margin-left: 3em; color:#f00;}
p.poetry2 {text-align:left; margin-left: 4em; color:#0f0;}
p.poetry3 {text-align:left; margin-left: 5em; color:#00f;}
}

@media amzn-mobi{
p.poetry1 {text-align:left !important; text-indent:-20px;}
p.poetry2 {text-align:left !important; text-indent:-40px;}
p.poetry3 {text-align:left !important; text-indent:-60px;}
}
Now, this works fine in ADE and on the Kindle. I've put some colours in to make sure that the media queries are working for Kindle Fire, yep, coloured text on the Fire.

Two WIERD problems:

1. My KF8 poetry1 style (well, the colour) is IGNORED unless I have a sacrificial style "nothing" at the start of the block - that CAN'T be right, I must be doing something badly wrong here.
2. I really can't get indents on the Kindle previewer for Kindle Fire to work. All three paragraphs come out with the same indent.

Any clues for my flu-addled brain?

Andy
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote