View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
EDIT: Version 1.2 solves this issue, so no need for links/edits as suggested below.

This is probably not a good time to admit that I knew absolutely NO Python whatsoever a week ago (that's no exaggeration, I'd never even seen the syntax).

I suspect that python.org's version went into the "wrong" place.

Pielrf depends on python being installed in "/usr/bin/python." If you type "/usr/bin/python -V" that will tell you if 2.5.1 installed in the right place. I'm betting that's still Python 2.3.

Next just type "python -V" to see if your default version of Python is 2.5. If it is, you can run pielrf by forcing it to use the right python:

python pielrf -h
(millions of options follow)
That assumes you're in the same directory as pielrf, otherwise you need the full path.

At this point you have a couple of options.

(1) Always run it by starting with python.

python pielrf -i infile -o outfile [etc.]
(2) Make a symbolic link from python2.5 to /usr/bin/python

sudo mv /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/python2.3
sudo ln -s /path/to/python2.5 /usr/bin/python
(3) Edit that first line in pielrf to point to your python install.

Finally, to see where pylrs actuall ended up, you can use the following (slow) command:
sudo find / -name pylrs\*
-Pie

Last edited by EatingPie; 05-06-2007 at 01:42 AM.
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote