View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 03:53 PM   #1
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Ever put down a book because you were afraid of what would happen?

I have tried to read "Tess of the D'Urbervilles" but only got to the point in which she was picked up to be taken to a manor as a governess/nurse(?).

I have an impression from somewhere that something bad happens to her and I am so invested in her well-being that I can't read further.

Does this happen to you or do you say "It is only fiction, I will continue"?

I have had this happen to me with others books but managed to keep on with a feeling of dread. Maybe I am not as invested in the character or I feel it will turn out okay in the end. But Thomas Hardy takes no prisoners.
--MH

Last edited by dynabook; 01-25-2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Typo
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote