View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Aside from scratching my urge to be Dick Tracy (wrist-phone) I don't get the appeal of smart watches. I used to wear a watch every waking hour but for the past five years or more I don't. The reason was time was suddenly presented all around me. The time is shown on my desk phone, PC, cell phone, cable box, TV, oven, fridge, microwave, and car radio. Ask me the time and I pull my cell phone to display it not significantly slower than I would look at a watch.

Now I get that there are other uses for a connected phone. But most of them, like viewing a text or e-mail, are just slightly more fashionable than when I look at my phone for the same purpose. My phone vibrates for the same quality of silent alert I'd get from a watch, aside from while asleep. Perhaps if I had that need while hang gliding or while hot-lapping a race car?

A heads-up display, like Google Glass, has more value to me.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote