View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #56
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sregener View Post
I'd put OS X up against anything Microsoft has ever dreamt up. And I'm right now writing this using OS X 10.5.8 on a PowerBook G4, which is faster and more capable than any modern tablet. It still works great, over 8 years after it was built. My iPad 1, however, is largely broken by the IOS ecosystem that saddles me to a memory leak in the last version of IOS supported by the original iPad. Oh, and I bought the PowerBook used on eBay for $150.

People want sexy and portable, not functional. Tablets will never be primarily about productivity.
OSX on a laptop is not suitable for touch screen mobile use. It's not competing for the same buyers as Win8/RT is.

Tablets are primarily about mobility and ease of use and will never replace PCs completely. But Microsoft has shown they can indeed meet the productivity needs of the vast majority of people, and Apple has shown us just how large that market is.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote