View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #95
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
That's really, really strange - emdebian repo is meant to be used together with official repositories, and on my Kindle it worked perfectly (before upgrade to 5.3.0 :P). If you really want to get rid of some of the repos, then remove emdebian and leave official one enabled.

I used emdebian only because of PWs 2GB storage and my 512MB Debian partition, to reduce used amount of space. If you have more available space, you don't really need it.
1.2 GB of space I have gone for. it allows a nice solid base install and room to do some serious testing in one area (sound, video, music, editors, etc) before needing a clear-down via rsync.

TBH I just do not use debian enough "under the hood" to have a grasp on the right fix.

Will attempt to construct a working apt stanza then - as you have implied... so I am looking for an official "grip"? Will go dig.

EDIT: hmm. no I dont think so? http://ftp.uk.debian.org/emdebian/grip/

I guess I need to go read up on grip. cheers
http://www.emdebian.org/grip/

Last edited by twobob; 11-16-2012 at 10:57 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote