View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
The article mentions "it supposedly offers a bright, colourful, and flexible display that can be read indoors and out". But there was no color in the screen. Not a real picture?
The links in the first post? I don't think that's a real picture.

The technology can certainly do colour and video, but whether the colour will be in the first product I don't know.

They do have one technology that stacks CMY cells on top of each other, so every pixel can be any colour, rather than using RGB sub-cells.

There's some footage of actual displays from three years ago here.

Here's an article about a full colour ebook liquavista display shown at CES2010

An an outdoor demo in mid 2010

This article seems to have a good roundup of all the available footage.

But Liquavista have not been out demoing very much. I'm hoping that this is because Samsung are keeping them under wraps, and that we'll see something really impressive when they go to mass production.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote