Thread: Font Embedding?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #15
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
1.)I can't think of a book really needing ALL of the glyphs: several languages (some purely historic), math, physics etc. and the kitchen sink.

If a book with such needs exists it makes the Rosetta Stone look like a nursery rhyme. I think such a case is highly improbable.

So let's strip and save size.

When we remove the unused glyphs without changing the location of the used ones inside the font it should be fine with the epub specs I think.
What's wrong with just embedding the original font file? One of my favorites only weighs in around 140k. That isn't very big.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote