View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #719
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Kai771: Just for confirmation: run file on a binary built by the Ubuntu/Linaro TC: What minimum version of the Linux kernel does it report? [ie. ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.22, not stripped]
I'm guessing something way newer than the 2.6.22/2.6.26 of the K2/K3, which would explain why it's segfaulting on a stupid stuff: ABI mismatch. I remember that kind of error being somewhat more user-friendly on x86, where the loader actually tells you why it can't run a binary instead of segfaulting in your face, but, hey...

As for O2 vs. O3, it has the potential of starting a holy war, but basically: I'm not a huge fan of using O3 as the goto 'default' setting. Use it when you know it's gonna be useful, otherwise, it more often than not *lowers* the performance (especially on such a tiny CPU), and almost always ends up generating larger binaries. That said, Linaro does recommend defaulting to O3/Ofast on ARMv7 with their TC.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote