View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #41
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffwood View Post
That's not Bait and Switch, but it is BS.

Where was the "bait"? Where did Amazon ever "bait" you with a promised higher level of service? Where did they promise Free unlimited global data for life?

The service changed, but to a reasonable level that is fully inline with their intent, and with reasonable expectations, at the time of the original sale. It's an eReader, you can buy books on it, you can check Google and Wikipedia on it. You can still do all of that, anywhere in the world.

The sense of entitlement that people have is just amazing. You paid next to nothing for the service, but expect the world, literally, in return.

Frankly put, punish those who take the mikey, someone shifts 5Gb? send them a mail and stick them on data rations for a year.

Someone goes to 51Mb because they are stuck somewhere and the kindle is a lifeline, don´t punish them for the 5Gb guys/girls misdeeds.

Also. As I understand it only the Wiki and Amazon store work for me outside the UK.
Which again was a ¨surprise¨, but meh.

Anyways, if I am honest, I don´t think 50Mb is the worst thing in the world.
It is a tough break to be presented with an absolute limit where there was none. switch. I bought the device with unlimited 3G - as advertised in the UK, bait.

For the record: This was just the only heated debate on here this morning.
I am fully aware that flogging this horse of deadness has no impact other than to give me something to flap my fingers about while I wake up grumpily with tea, blumming trolling lurkers, I should go do something more constructive

Last edited by twobob; 07-25-2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: added sexual equality and roaming details
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote