View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #35
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
To my knowledge... no one was ever promised unlimited free 3G web browsing forever.
If I remember correctly, Amazon originally advertised something along the lines of "lifetime free 3G". The Kindle product pages don't currently mention "lifetime" (I'm sure they've changed the language), but if you do a Google search for "Kindle lifetime 3G", you'll get plenty of references to lifetime 3G that I'm sure didn't come out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffwood View Post
I don't recall Amazon ever saying the 3G was intended to allow you to Pay your bills and check email while travelling half way round the world, or at the nearest coffee shop.
Are you going to wait for your home internet provider to tell you what websites you can visit before you'll visit them? They never stated any intent for the free global 3G, meaning you're free to visit any website anywhere that you get service. If they wanted to lock things down, they were free to do so just like they do with the Kindle Touch 3G, which explicitly states and restricts you to what you can do over 3G. The Kindle Keyboard never had such restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
I'm not sure how it doesn't. Amazon never stated the restriction when it was sold, and while I can honestly say I'm not likely to hit a 50MB cap, it's still annoying to now have to worry about it. I didn't pay to get limited later on...
Agreed. Do I think that unlimited lifetime global 3G for a one-time $50 fee is incredibly generous? I certainly do. But this doesn't mean that it's within Amazon's rights to restrict this advertised feature after I've paid for it. I pretty much never use the 3G but I paid extra for the feature because I figured that it might be useful at some point. I used it while traveling abroad to check my email, but this 50MB per month restriction is dismally low.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote