View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #32
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Give us an update on the screen protector.
Sorry! I'd meant to update this last night, but I still too busy salivating over my Fire and downloading/sideloading apps. (I am *seriously* in love with this baby!)

Anyway, I have a long-haired cat at home, so I ended up having to wait to install the screen protector at work yesterday noon.

I'm glad I bought the Generiks pack with the choice (it has 2 clear and 2 matte) because, holding them up to the florescents, I could tell I'd prefer the clear.

The clear protector went on fairly easily; I had to use the little squeegee thing to prevent air bubbles, but otherwise no problems.

I'm really happy with how it looks. I can't tell it's there unless I really look for the edges and it doesn't hold back any of the brilliance of the screen/colors/etc. It just does what I was looking for it to do: cut down on some of the glare from external light sources and make it a little easier to clean off fingerprints.

I'm not experiencing any problems with it affecting my swiping/selecting abilities either; if anything, I think selecting items from the carousel is a little easier now.

All in all, I'd recommend the clear Generiks.

(Plus, they're not that expensive, so they can be a good holdover if anyone is waiting for their favorite brand to make protectors available for the Fire. )
xari is offline   Reply With Quote