View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #19
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Off the top of my head, the first suggestion I've got is "add a link to your site/your books in your sig at MR;" that way, new potential readers have an easy way to discover your works. (This is not much in the way of marketing; OTOH, it doesn't cost anything either. A short note in the style of "if you like what I say here, you might like <<my other writing>> as well" couldn't hurt, and might help.)

The idea of "stay out of drama-discussions" is reasonable, but you're not doing the over-the-top screaming hysterics that loses customers. I don't think anyone's avoiding "authors who aren't anti-DRM but don't lock their ebooks." And you don't have the kind of opinions (or if you do, have had the sense not to say them aloud) that make people back away slowly and hope you never find out where they live.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote