View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #18
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I hear this so often: Just give some away for free... that'll solve all your problems... but I've had free material available forever.

Lowering prices... I've tried that, over a year ago, and saw no increased sales from it.
Hi Steven, I only recently became aware that you have some freebies on offer. I've downloaded Denial of Service to read.

I don't consider $3 to be expensive myself although I do admit that for me the 99c price is the "why the heck not" price that someone else mentioned.

Perhaps doing that for the first book of the series isn't such a bad idea - not temporarily but permanently. When a first book hooks you on a series price doesn't become as much of an issue for the remaining books. You could even price your final book at an optimistic price. It's never going to be anyone's first buy anyway so it's not as high a risk and those that would be in the market for it will be probably buy it at the higher price.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote