View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I've tried spreading links to the free stories around, but they rarely stay up for long. Other sites where I'd like to mention them don't allow advertising. I'm always having trouble finding places to leave links or books.
Well, that's a bit different from what I suggested.

Look at Feedbooks. The site also has a shop, but its main draw are free books. You can upload your short stories there, and people who browse that archive for free books can find yours.
On Smashwords, there's a search filter to show only free works, and while I haven't seen statistics, I strongly suspect that gives free stories extra views and downloads.

It's about getting your name out there where people are looking for things to read.

A free giveaway isn't much good if it's hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
But only on your own website? Your website is for people who have already discovered you, it's useless for finding new readers.
Yep, exactly this.

I also suspect some people are more willing to doanload a file from a website where they have downloaded things before, or that generally has more traffic, than the website of someone they only just came across.

Also thirding (or dozending, or whatever) that a signature including a link to your website would be a good idea.
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote