View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #78
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is about right:

- kepubs have always had the title at the top of the screen.
- epubs have never had this until 2.5.2. With 2.5.2, the title is there.

This change turned up in the latest beta with no explanation for it. And our displeasure was expressed. Or at least mine was
I was about ready to dump my Paperwhite and buy the Aura until I saw how much of the extra screen real estate was wasted, both top and bottom. When I discovered that I could minimise this by using epubs instead of kepubs, I was again considering the Aura. With news of this latest development, I will definitely not be buying a Kobo, after all, what is the point of having the extra screen space when it is then wasted just to tell you something you already know. I will stay with my 6" screen that can be virtually all used to display the text I am reading - reading, it is the reason I bought the device after all.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote