View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #196
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
Thank you, nekokami! I wish other admins/mods took the time and effort to explain things in detail as you did. I appreciated your post very much.

This is well and good. In fact, there was a time when I considered MR a welcome haven from the heated debates of other forums I visited. But recently, even before the conservatory, there were threads which I would consider "polarizing" and not at all related to eBooks which were allowed to fester. And it was even some mods who objected to closing some of those threads. If MR is going to adopt a "cut above the rest" theme and tone, then it would be good if admins/mods would uniformly impose that policy, instead of cherry-picking threads which would be allowed to continue on and on and on, even though it is obvious that the topics are viewed passionately by different sides and do not "bring people together".
It is not the job of the moderator to cherry pick threads or only support those we happen to like. Our job is to attempt to keep order and insure that no illegal activity goes on. So long as the participants are civil, most any thread will be tolerated within the published guidelines and rules of the this forum. Most participants are civil and everything goes fine, even though some people may not agree with what is said. Should someone cross the line and make personal attacks or break the law (tell how to break DRM specifically for example) they are subject to being banned from the site and at the very least their post may be deleted with a PM warning. We don't police conversations based on opinions honestly presented but some mods join in and express their own opinions.

With this understanding I hope you will continue to enjoy your stay here at mobile read. We will enforce the rules but hopefully folks will be civil and enjoy themselves.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote