View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #15
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I have an Asus EEE T-91 MT Windows 7 convertible tablet. Aside from it being grossly underpowered and having a resistive touch interface, my experience with Windows tablets is that while the OS and UI can be optimized for the touch interface, the applications are not.

Sure, I can run MS Office on it, but when the ribbon and buttons are not optimized for touch, and the onscreen keyboard covers most of the useful window all those added features quickly become a hindrance rather than an asset. Usually I found myself rotating the screen and using the keyboard and touchpad instead of the touch screen. And eventually retiring the T-91 and going back to my 10 inch Asus netbook.

Before a desktop/laptop OS can be successful on a tablet the applications need to be optimized for tablet use.
The Ribbon actually works pretty well on a touchscreen (HP TX2 here). Better than legacy Office.

Of course you need the keyboard to do real work. That's what it's there for

The Asus EP121 is getting pretty good reviews for a Windows tablet.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote