View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #32
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I would like it if Sony would support things like search with a software upgrade yet they haven't done it so far and their product has been out a long time now. They've been promising periodicals for ages now. This is one of the reasons they would be my third choice of device behind the Kindle and Cybook despite the lower price and more attractive design. Still, I'd like to see them start adding features and keep competing. I think the competition is good for all of us.
I agree. Competition is good for all of us. But Sony is dropping behind pretty quickly. Really the only thing they have going for them is their "sleek design" that some people prefer, but even the Cybook pretty much has that.

Sony was out of the gate pretty early, but they look like they may lose the race. If the Kindle comes out with a second reader that changes the design to something more liked by the general public before Sony upgrades their features, I think the Sony Reader will die.

On the other hand, if they upgrade their features, keep their same low price, then they have a chance, but it sure does seem that they would have played that strategy before now...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote