View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #10
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi View Post
Seems like a "no duh" here but though I'd mention:
This won't work if Java Development kit isn't installed
Thanks, I never did mention that in the readme. I take it for granted that most computers already have java installed. I think you need at least java v1.5, but most people probably already have v1.6 because java is pretty good at annoying you with "update available" messages. I'll add the java requirement to the readme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi View Post
That being said, what setting would you recommend for for Jet Book Lite?
First, make a default .properties file using the command:
Code:
java -jar Canti.jar -create_properties default
Based off of what I've read from the mobileread wiki for this ereader, I would change the following default settings (the other default settings should be fine):
Code:
width = 480
height = 640
max_dpi = 160
archive = false
I'll go ahead and include these settings as a default jbl .properties profile in the next release of Canti. Based off my experience with Kindle I think pdf manga works better than image folders, but try both and see which works best on the jbl. If you come up with better default jbl settings, please pm me.

-Edit-
I added the default .properties profiles for JetBook and JetBook Lite. They will be included in the next release of Canti. If anyone else has an ereader request, just point me to a web page with the ereader specs (width/height, dpi, supported formats, etc.) and I'll add the .properties profile for it to Canti.

Last edited by lilman; 08-03-2010 at 12:04 PM.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote