View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 02:00 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
The only time I ever had a problem it was loading a book from manybooks that had a funky filename that was all #'s.

Put your books on an SD card, single folder deep no more.
So Folders are Authors name, then books inside that.

Keep the filenames looking like real book titles.

Personally I prefer .RTF, although some Epubs are almost as well formatted.
I'm glad I ran across this info. I just put 120 epubs on my daughter's new jetBook-lite all two folders deep and they all opened great, but one book (Adventures of Huckleberry Finn) which said file is too large. I just grabbed the original txt file that came with the reader and was all set.

I did have to go back into Calibre because my original conversions emphasized a space between paragraphs and didn't always have an indent on the paragraph. It seems that the jetBook-lite (w/epubs) removes all spaces between paragraphs in most books. So I reconverted them to make sure they all had indents to distinguish the beginning of a paragraph.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote