View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #10
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Hi questerymj,

As I said in my first post, I had to guess the values for Mini/Glow/Aura HD. Therefore, it is very likely that I choose a too small font size for the Glow. However, I am surprised that you see no difference at all. I guess you executed 03_libnickel_glo_dict_ryumin.bat. If so, then try changing values in kobo261_libnickel_glo_dict_ryumin.txt.
Replace
Code:
font-size:(20)30px;(20)line-height:(20)34px;
with (for instance)
Code:
font-size:(20)40px;(20)line-height:(20)42px;
If this doesn't show any effect, then something other must have gone wrong.

Generally, I would recommend that you update your Glow to 3.0.0 and use the patch for this version. The handling of this patch is much more user friendly and the configuration files are easier to read and edit. If you do this, open the file conf_libnickel.txt and look for the Dictionary entry, there you find this line

Code:
oldpart=* { font: %1px %2; line-height: %4em; }\n
"* { font: %1px %2; line-height: %4em; }\n" is the original code. As you see, %1, %2 and %4 are place holders which the reader application will replace by the font size, the font family, and the line height respectively. Since I did not like the values chosen by the application, I replaced them:

Code:
newpart=* { font-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;font-size: 24px; line-height: 28px; }\n
The font-size of 24px is rather big on the Touch, for other models you might possibly want to increase it. The font will work nicely for Japanese and most Latin based alphabets. However, I provide two alternatives:
Code:
newpart=* { font-family: A-OTF Ryumin Pr6N ;font-size: 24px; line-height: 28px; } \n
and
Code:
newpart=* { font-family: Georgia ;font-size: 24px; line-height: 28px; } \n
For reading Chinese you might need to choose another font in order to see all characters. If you do so, take care, that the size of the new code is not bigger than the size of the original code. The size of the original code (* { font: %1px ... !important; }) is 300 byte (\n is worth 1 byte).

I am preparing the patch for 3.0.1 right now. But since I am trying to improve over the previous patches, it might take me some more days. If you want to install FW 3.0.1 now, the new position of the definition (which is still the same) is
Code:
position=113D6F4
Don't forget to disable all other patches, since their positions/encodings have changed.

Last edited by tshering; 11-27-2013 at 04:41 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote