View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #21
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Hi All,

It would be great to avoid all screen refreshes when nothing happens...

- One thing to think about when porting applications is blinking cursors. I'm playing with a small self made calendar app right now: the screen kept refreshing until I disabled cursor blinking...

- xepdmgr interferes with the virtual keyboard. It (the keyboard) appears to handle it's own refreshes... the system gets slow when the keyboard is visible (especially in 'scribble mode')

PS: how do you guys get all that karma?
Interesting. I've been testing it with a notebook application, and haven't noticed the cursor issue. Although, I don't seen a blinking cursor in the app either.

This is a known issue. I wonder if xepdmgr could be disabled when the keyboard is up. Although, you can continue to work in the program while the keyboard is running, so I'm not sure if disabling it would be the best solution... It's a difficult problem for sure.

Look at the join date and amount of posts. It's tough to get karma in the iLiad forum as well, but you definitely deserve some.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote