View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #95
tom e
tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.tom e can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
It isn't specified on the Kindle official page, so I don't think there will be apps. In this case the point 2 doesn't go in favour of the Kindle, and point 1 goes as much for the Nook as for the Kindle. So I think it will be a question of personal preference.
Talking about really basic apps like this one, works on current model kindles, so I can't imagine it wouldn't on the new ones yeah? Look at the screen shots, they are all e-ink.

Whenever I say apps, I think people get the wrong idea of what I'm looking for. I've never wanted anything very 'powerful' or distracting. Just a few places to take notes and jot down appointments. I'm without a cell phone and don't want one, so it's really nice to me to have this additional function. Can't write a book on it, but I wouldn't on a cell phone anyway..

Here's the link, lots of other apps there are in e-ink and reviewed currently by folks who use them- couldn't be fire, as nobody has it yet. http://www.amazon.com/Calendar/dp/B0...f=pd_cp_kinc_1

Also when you read the comparison sheets of the kindles, under content it says 'Millions of books, newspapers, magazines, games, and docs'.. This is even on the nontouch model. Checkers chess and other non moving games are bought in the same store currently for current kindles, so I believe that this 'store' will be supported.

Truly not for everyone, but I drive a long way to school, and end up staying there for hours between classes. I will bring whatever reader I buy. So these functions might be kind of redundant for someone who uses it at home (calendar on my computer is WAY more functional) but it still beats writing dates on little slips of paper that get lost in the shuffle when I'm out with it.

Last edited by tom e; 10-12-2011 at 02:47 PM.
tom e is offline   Reply With Quote