View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #56
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post

Cover --> blurb --> first sentence --> first chapter --> buy book

You lose buyers at every stage, but they will never reach the last stage if they don't even make it to the first one.

Personally, I think this post from much earlier in the thread nails it. If it is an author I know I like, then I may skip there first 4 stages, but unknown author this appears to be the exact process for most people. Once you become known as an author, then your name sells the book, but until then, the packaging plays a big part. IMO
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote