View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I have been noticing this. I am not sure people understand sometimes. I have offered (before I knew better) to share ebooks on a group, and then I realized I couldn't anyway because of drm restrictions. I know somebody else that really believed it was legal to download ebooks because they didn't have DRM on them.

I have lent an ebook to somebody after I got more savvy, but I didn't do it to give them a free copy, I did it because I knew they would probably never buy it and I was dying for them to try the book. Then I got them hooked and they went and bought their own copies.

I have noticed in one group people are offering pdf's left, right, and center. and one girl is always talking about downloading books. I just ignore it. It is going to happen and eventually if they keep talking about it they will find themselves in trouble. It's not like I am entirely perfect, but I like to support the authors, especially if they are more indy. If somebody can't get the title at their library and they can't afford to buy it, maybe it would be ok to share for discussion purposes. At least with the Nook we can do this but unfortunately the restrictions suck (only ever loaned once and for 14 days).

Last edited by Care; 12-13-2010 at 05:00 PM.