View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Actually I think Apple suffers from much of the same problem as Microsoft, just that the success of the 'i' devices have camouflaged it a bit.

That problem is, "how do we fit into the world we helped create?", and right now Apple doesn't seem to be able to answer that question with confidence. I suspect you'll see some some dumb moves from them in the next year or two, as they flounder around looking for ways to alter their business model to take advantage of our new technological world. Not unlike what we've seen from Microsoft in the last year or two. (and in both companies, there is enough systemic hubris to make their floundering rather entertaining!)

This iWatch thing seems a dumb move to me. An effort to respond to Google Glass, but we'll see.

Maybe they'll get through it, maybe they won't. I remind you that Eastman Kodak practically invented digital photography, and Motorola, cell phone technology. There are many paths to survival, to failure, and to triumphant success. It would be foolish to assume that we know Apple or Microsoft's future. As an investor, "You pays your money and you takes your chances".
wise man you are

Last edited by forsooth; 04-28-2013 at 06:38 PM.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote