View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #32
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Touch
These binaries are fantastic, that's much faster. At some point it would be nice if it worked without them but for now it's fine.

I uploaded my debian image to http://andreas.heider.io/kobo_debian/debian.ext3, together with http://andreas.heider.io/kobo_debian/debian.sh you should get a working debian squeeze chroot.

I used xserver-xorg-video-imx and a few libraries from the Kindle images to get the screen working. Since all the code is open source you might also be able to compile it, but I don't have a cross compilation environment set up at the moment.

To get X with fluxbox and xterm running, copy everything to /mnt/onboard, login via telnet/ssh and start /mnt/onboard/debian.sh to get a chroot shell. Oh, and kill nickel first, of course. Start "Xorg -verbose 9" in one shell, then connect again and start "DISPLAY=:0 fluxbox" and maybe "DISPLAY=:0 xterm".
Then connect to another shell but don't chroot to debian, cd to /mnt/onboard/debian/fb_update and run ./eink_update_loop.sh

There's nothing really specific to the Touch, so maybe it just works on the Glo.

It's missing some way to click or input text, so maybe we can get tap to click working or repurpose the buttons as mouse buttons.

Edit: I just noticed, I mixed up squeeze and testing, it's testing with squeeze in /etc/apt/sources.list, if you want to tinker it's probably a good idea to replace it there with testing and do a apt-get dist-upgrade. I'll probably upload a fixed image later.

Edit2: Don't do the apt-get dist-upgrade, the kindle imx_drv.so isn't compatible with the newer Xorg in testing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130126_181904.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	100087  

Last edited by ah-; 01-26-2013 at 02:20 PM.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote