Thread: Westerns?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #13
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I never read the "pulp" westerns much but I remember seeing Louis L'amour, Max Brand, Luke Short and Ray Hogan on the paperback shelves.

Larry McMurtry is a favorite of mine and a step above the standard western fare.

Also check our Dorothy Johnson's short stories (The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, A Man Called Horse), Thomas Berger's Little Big Man, The Ox-bow Incident by Walter van Tilburg Clark, Shane by Jack Schaeffer, and The Way West by A.B. Guthrie.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote