View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark666 View Post
@SameerH

Thanks for letting me know that; I'm glad Kobo made that move. But still, I'd like to know if this device can load any of the android e-readers mentioned in the below thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70921

I like the idea of the android platform but I keep reading how the carriers lock down the device and not allow you to upgrade it etc. I'm wondering if the same thing will happen with the android tablet/e-reader variants.

I want total control of the hardware I buy.
On the Velocity Micro device, I'm not 100% sure. I moved off that particular project while it was in its infancy.

I'm pretty sure if you can find an .apk you'd be able to install it. I don't think it has access to Android market yet. I'll try and find out for you.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote