View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 03:38 AM   #5
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
I rarely need a dictionary for my own language. However, I can imagine a lot of parents with younger readers that would like to have the option available. If ebook readers were worth something to scholarly reading, I would suppose that some students would need to use a dictionary to decipher some of the more contrived academic writing out there as well. Or, as Harry pointed out, you like to read books that use deprecated vernacular, it can be handy to understand variants (like the word nice for instance).

As you said, second-language readers could find it enormously valuable. I'd love to have a fast reader with convenient input and stardict or lingoes dictionary support. I use it a lot when reading my second or third language on the PC, and I would love to have it on a nice fast epaper device.

But for a typical disposable novel in my native language? Not really that useful to me. Of course, I hate the fact that much of my epaper reading is limited to precisely that.

Last edited by LDBoblo; 05-11-2010 at 03:41 AM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote