View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #72
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeReader View Post
Wow, this reader has so far also the highest resolution of all readers I know. Would be ideal for technical literature or papers, which I have to read often.

Actually it is not as big physically as I thought (for the given resolution), I did a little comparison with my devices, printed out the image from the Skiff site to scale, see enclosed image.
yes, in terms of total pixels sure it has more...but in ppi it's pretty much the same as all of the 6" panels at about 174ppi. So while the panel's total resolution is greater the resolving ability of the panel is no greater than a 6" device. And you actually want this because if it was otherwise you end up with smaller characters and graphics as those are typically set in stone and unless a page/book is setup to allow for scaling or designed specifically for larger panels, the results can be less than optimal. Same thing happened when UXGA LCD panels came out...all it did was increase the number of pixels but because pages are defined using pixel sizes for text rather than something that scales relative to the panel size, all we got was micro-text and a headache trying to read the content unless you lowered the resolution of the panel in the system settings.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote