View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #22
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
It's basically an extended XML validator. I don't understand your antagonism. I've certainly found it helpful in locating errors I've made while editing ePubs.

It doesn't guarantee that an ePub will render on current or future devices, but it does filter out elementary errors and superfluous fluff.
My thoughts exactly. Epubcheck may be limited, but it has its uses. I'm guessing Kovid's main objection is that people use it and think "if it passes epubcheck, all will be well" when it's likely that it won't be.

But that's the problem of the users, not the tool. Epubcheck makes no claims that it is the be-all, end-all epub checker.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote