View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Jon,
I don't see how it could hurt. I don't know how many folks have run into it. I guess it could be the way I process the PG files.

I download the complete HTM and the text file. I use the Gutenberg Prettifier to convert the text file to HTML. This gets rid of page numbers and other annoying junk. I then load the HTML file to BD and then place the BD display along side the original complete HTM and move down page by page to format the BD file.

The HTM file shows charset=windows-1252. This should work fine with the BCF as it stands. The HTML files specifies no charset

It seems to be Gutenberg Prettifier inserting the different codes.I guess only those using the Prettifier will run into this. As to why the prettifier is suddenly producing these codes I have yet to determine.

I'm not sure it is worth your time and effort in making the change and then distributing the results.

Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote