View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 03:22 AM   #10
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
There is a minor matter that is fixed.

Amazon demands exclusivity for indies using some options of KDP (Kindle Digital Publishing) but allows DRM-free publication.

So you can legally format-shift for a non-Kindle platform.
Exactly. It's a small step forward, but it's good to see a step forwards instead of backwards.

I have a Nook, a Kindle, and plenty of DRM-free ePubs and Mobi files. At least now I can legally convert them to use on whichever reader I wish. Plus, I can scan paper books to use on my ereaders. For me, these are useful functions that I would like to be able to do without breaking the law.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote