View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #1001
The_Book_Doctor
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacechik View Post
I was/am a HUGE Jim Butcher fan. I liked both his series, Codex and Harry. But, was it just me or is Ghost Story the worst book he's written to date? I read the book and then I unfortunately got suckered into the audio book with a promise of James Marsters. Well, it's not read by Marsters but by John Glover. eeeooowww... Bad press, I found out. Anyway, I loved all other 12 books but GS was just the worst. In the words of Amadeus' emperor, Joseph II,
'too many notes'.. In this case, too many words. and that MOLLY 'imagination' scene was silly.
I believe the audio book was poorly done...cutting off in the middle of the sentences and the last CD seemed to just end. I no longer have the printed book, so I can't compare.
I am not really looking forward to the rest of Butcher's works. This one just left a bad taste...
Spacechik-I was/am a HUGE Jim Butcher fan.

The_Book_Doctor-So which one is it? Was a fan or am a fan?

Spacechik-was it just me or is Ghost Story the worst book he's written to date?

The_Book_Doctor-Of the folks participating in this thread Id say it was just you.

Spacechik-it's not read by Marsters but by John Glover. eeeooowww...

The_Book_Doctor-John Glover did a fine job in my opinion and on very short notice.

Spacechik-I believe the audio book was poorly done...cutting off in the middle of the sentences and the last CD seemed to just end.

The_Book_Doctor-I disagree.

Spacechik-I am not really looking forward to the rest of Butcher's works.

The_Book_Doctor-Well that's your choice of course. Most everyone who participates here in this thread seems to be looking forward to the next Dresden book, Cold Days.

Spacechik-This one just left a bad taste...

The_Book_Doctor-Not me.

Why did you post this? It comes off, in my opinion, as a troll considering where you chose to post it.

Last edited by The_Book_Doctor; 08-11-2012 at 04:10 PM.