View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 02:06 AM   #998
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacechik View Post
I was/am a HUGE Jim Butcher fan. I liked both his series, Codex and Harry. But, was it just me or is Ghost Story the worst book he's written to date? I read the book and then I unfortunately got suckered into the audio book with a promise of James Marsters. Well, it's not read by Marsters but by John Glover. eeeooowww... Bad press, I found out. Anyway, I loved all other 12 books but GS was just the worst. In the words of Amadeus' emperor, Joseph II,
'too many notes'.. In this case, too many words. and that MOLLY 'imagination' scene was silly.
I believe the audio book was poorly done...cutting off in the middle of the sentences and the last CD seemed to just end. I no longer have the printed book, so I can't compare.
I am not really looking forward to the rest of Butcher's works. This one just left a bad taste...
Sorry, Spacechik!

I am about to start Ghost Story for the second time. I enjoyed it before, but maybe this time I will notice the "flaws" you point out. I know my husband didn't like it as much as the others, either, but he didn't like the whole premise.
Spoiler:
the being dead thing
Once he got past that he thought it was okay.

There are so many wonderful books and authors out there -- thank goodness no one is forcing us (outside of school, and maybe book clubs! ) to read anything we don't like!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote