View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #69
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi Revellian View Post
I think my original cover may be too fiddly for an ebook - I've made another. What do you think - which would grab your attention? Or should I try again?

I'd ditch the pictures of people on the front cover (nice sentiment but it always looks cheap). You need more color so that the image will pop when it's seen in amongst others. Ditch the faux handwriting font of the original and dirty up the font a bit (give it some texture). It's a modern tale that fuses mystery with a love story, so you can't approach it strictly from either angle, so go with a modern design, something big and bold and eyecatching - in any case, here's what I'd put out if I was making the cover for this story.

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote