View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I considered trying to write a proposed modification to the main program so you could turn on/off the pickup of each piece of metadata without having to muck around in the source code each time. It's certainly possible to do it, but I'm not sure if it would be accepted or even if it's needed by others. (On top of which, I don't currently have the skill to do it correctly.)
It would be accepted and it is needed but skills I can't help you with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Plus, you'd probably end up adding some checkboxes on the fetch screen that you'd have to keep clicking for each book (slowing the process down), or semi-hidden default checkboxes that might generate lots of support headaches if not used correctly. This way works great and if you are adventurous enough to play with the source, you're probably going to be able to avoid most of the problems.
Currently options for selecting what metadata to grab are under the plugins. Specifically metadata download plugins. I go to each of the three plugins now and uncheck tags so I don't end up with a million tags. Having boxes for author and title would be a nice touch.

Perhaps you could take your original post and open up a Calibre enhancement ticket clearly stating the goal.

Thanks for the info. If it ever gets implemented I'm sure many folks will use this feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote