View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #602
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Same here -- what's your point?

Amazon is not in a race to the bottom; on the contrary, they believe in minimum price points.

Amazon sells and markets specific books, not "parts is parts". They have spent a lot of money investing in a system to figure out which specific books people want. If the consumer wants a fork, Amazon doesn't want to futilely try selling them a spoon.

Speaking as a consumer interested in the future of books as a quality product, I call FUD.
My point is that I am a consumer, I don't like Amazon's race to the bottom pricing. Ergo, simply assuming that your point of view is the default generic point of view is a fallacy. Simply crying FUD in an attempt to dismiss the view of someone you disagree with is also a form of FUD, you know.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote