View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 03:09 AM   #9
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I think you would be more frustrated by iBooks than anything. I would recommend Marvin...it has Superb "real" brightness controls, plus excellent control of colors/backgrounds to set it for whatever is easiest on the eyes.

The features on Marvin far outweigh anything on iBooks.....but....you would be limited to ePub format. If tossing a book at Calibre for its very simple conversion is too much, then I would agree with Wolf and go the bluefire/kindle/nook route.

Good luck!
I know that there are many epub or pdf readers better than iBooks, nevertheless if i were to read indoors on iPad 1 for more than 30 min. i would always use iBooks instead of Kindle, Adobe, Foxit etc. because it is easier on my eyes.

I did not try Marvin on iPad 1 though, because i still use iOS 4.3 and Marvin needs 5.1 .

Last edited by markom; 04-07-2013 at 03:33 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote