View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Later this week I'm going to be helping a friend who wants to read ebooks on her first gen iPad. I'm a long-time Mac and Nook user, but don't have an iPad myself, so some of this will be new to me.

She is not at all "techie" and won't want to use Calibre or convert books to other formats. She mostly wants to read library books and download free books from Amazon and B&N.

Can I just set up the Kindle, Nook, and Overdrive apps for her? Does she need ADE, or does the Overdrive app have that built in? Do I get these apps via the Apple Store, and where does iTunes fit in?

Is there a site (maybe here on MR) that has all the information I need in one place, to make this easy for me to set up and easy for her to use? Thanks!
For Library eBooks, use Bluefire Reader. Bluefire uses ADE and works with library eBooks and eBooks not bought from Amazon or B&N (aka Sony or BooksOnBoard). For eBooks from Amazon, use Kindle. For eBooks from B&N, use nook.

iBooks is not going to work for what your friend wants to do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote