View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Quick question,

those hard drives that you note get corrupted ... are those drives that you have in use, or at least regularly back up to each other, or drives you leave alone for a long time?

Best regards,
Andy
Any Hard Drive can go bad at anytime. It doesn't even have to be powered on. Lately it seems the quality control on hard drives have taken a huge nose dive. I've gone through a few in the last couple of years. I would never trust my only copy to a external hard drive or internal hard drive. For me I use Discs. I have DVDs that are are over 12 years old that still work. I always keep three backups though. I do use External drives but it's not my main backup. I use Discs/Cloud/External Drive when it comes to my ebooks.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote