View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepijndevos View Post
Like Arduino, app.net, Linux.

A hackable device with an open ecosystem, API, hardware, everything.

One that you can open with a screwdriver, thats runs your own apps, fonts and screensavers without jailbreaking.

One that is focused on users and developers, rather than publishers and advertisers.
OK ... I know you're looking for an e-reader (so am I) but if you are open to a tablet solution, there is this:

http://zareason.com/shop/zatab.html

ZaReason is a Linux-centric company. I for one am considering this device, although I've seen it described as "underpowered." I don't know how much power I need -- I'm not a gamer or anything like that.
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote