View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #18
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
From the Kindle Fire product page:

"Up to 8 hours of continuous reading or 7.5 hours of video playback, with wireless off. Battery life will vary based on wireless usage, such as web browsing and downloading content." [Emphases mine.]

With the emphasis on media consumption for this device, it seems that the upper limit in this description might be very iffy. And even at eight hours, it would greatly reduce the accuracy of this as a "mobile" device, at least for me.
I think the OP raises a good point. I'd prefer to see something with a longer battery life. I don't think 8 hours is horrible, but it's not great either.

I'm still on the fence in trying to decide if I should buy one. However, I have to say that the battery life isn't my biggest concern. I'd like to use it for browsing the web, and the 7" is my biggest concern. Yet, at $200 it is certainly priced right.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote