View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
J.L. Penn
Author
J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J.L. Penn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smile Favorite chick lit...

Let's talk chick lit! I didn't see this genre covered elsewhere and it's certainly a fave of mine. I love discovering new wonderful books that I didn't even know existed. Below are three of my favorites. What are some of yours?

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
It's About Your Husband by Lauren Lipton
Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

Something Borrowed is, in my opinion, required reading for chick lit fans. It is an absolute page turner, and I fell in love with the main characters. Giffin was masterful and leading my emotions right down the path she intended, then wrapped it up with a happy ending that is synonymous with chick lit.

It's About Your Husband is near the top of my list for having one of the best plot twists I've read. This one starts out just a tad slow with a tinge of unbelievability in the beginning, but then it quickly becomes a fast-paced page turner.

Sundays at Tiffany's is beautifully and vividly written. When I read this novel, it played in front of my eyes like a movie, which is relatively rare for me. Although the premise is absurd, the story is so good that it works anyway. Just a really good feel good kind of chick lit novel.

-Jenn
Reunion
The Cinderella Curse
J.L. Penn is offline   Reply With Quote