View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I don't think I'd be likely to carry a seperate keyboard, so I'd like to see some sort of thin-line keyboard that attaches (optionally) to the bottom of the device.

But I guess if I carry a UMPC in a case sort of like a Franklin dayplanner case, it could have a storage compartment for a keyboard. That would bring me back to the days of carrying something like that everywhere, except now it would be for high tech reasons.

Can't help but wonder if it would be worth it. The thing I love best about a pda is that it's always in my pocket. If I was a woman and carried a purse, it would be perfect. But I'm not and I don't. Yet, with the bigger screen and an active touchscreen (does anyone know if it's an active digitizer like traditional Tablet PCs, or passive like pdas), and full Windows and more storage, you could do "real" work which is basically impossible on a pda.

Yeah, I think that in the near future I'm destined to have a desktop, UMPC and smartphone! I wonder if that leaves room for a dedicated ebook reader also?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote